Registered Agent in Alabama for Out-of-State Businesses

Registered AgentAlabama requires all registered businesses to maintain (1) a registered agent, and (2) a registered office in the State of Alabama.  This applies whether you have a Corporation (C-Corp., S-Corp., Non-Profit, Professional), LLC, LP, LLP, RLLP, REIT, or other state-registered limited liability entity.  In a nutshell, the State requires that you have someone here in Alabama who can receive important state documents and legal service of process.

Even if not required, it can often times be very beneficial so as to ensure documents are received and processed in a timely manner as well as ensure employees on site are not exposed to the potentially embarrassing situation of being served with a lawsuit.  Additionally, this helps ensure employees at lower levels in your business don’t mishandle or possibly lose important documents coming from the State.  The Registered Agent becomes the single point-of-contact for the State agencies and even the State courts.

At Lex Christi, we offer these services.  Please contact us for more details on how we can help you by being your registered agent!  We can also help with becoming incorporated, or forming an LLC or other limited liability entity.

As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.

Alabama Expungement Bill

EraserAlthough not ideal, the Alabama legislature has now passed a bill that will allow for certain records to be expunged, or in layman’s terms, removed from the public record.  The good part is that you can have your record expunged when you were found not-guilty, the charges were dismissed, or in certain cases, you complied with the court’s deferred prosecution program (drug court, mental health court, etc.).  The only drawback is that the court doesn’t do all of this for you on their own initiative.  Thus, you have to apply for this and with that comes the court costs.

Why would you want your record expunged?  Many employers may use your criminal record when they make a determination as to whether to hire you.  And often times it doesn’t make a difference to them whether you were convicted or not…simply being arrested can affect your employment.  In Alabama, your record is not cleared over time.  Thus, if you were arrested early on, that arrest can haunt you for the rest of your life.

So, if you have something in your record that you need expunged, please contact us for a free consultation to see if your situation qualifies under the new expungement law.  The new law takes effect in July of 2014, but we can consult with you today!

We expect the final bill to include the following:

  • Misdemeanor criminal offenses
  • Violations
  • Traffic violations
  • Municipal ordinance violations
  • Non-violent felonies

The law will not completely destroy the records, but it will make them only accessible to a very limited number of entities.  Please contact us so we can help get these unjust marks off of your record!

As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.

Alabama Small Estates

Last Will and TestamentThe probate process can be not only daunting emotionally, but often times can get quite expensive.  Did you know that Alabama allows for a quicker, less expensive option to distribute your recently deceased loved one’s assets when the size of the estate is relatively small?  If you meet a few criteria, you can likely go through a much shorter process and hopefully cut down on overall costs.  The criteria include:

  • The value of the entire estate does not exceed twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) adjusted for inflation ($27,583 for 2014)
  • The decedent (person who died) died a resident of Alabama (they could have died anywhere, just so long as they were considered an Alabama resident)
  • All debts have been paid (or have been arranged to be paid)
  • Real property (land, houses, etc.) is not involved

This applies whether the decedent had a will or not, and makes for a much quicker and more cost-effective process for many people.  There are a few other nuances to the law, but contact us for a free consultation to discuss your options.

As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.

Chief Justice Moore Stands for Law

Chief Justice Roy MooreChief Justice Roy Moore has once again taken a stand for the law in both reaffirming the basis for standing against homosexual “marriage” as well as calling for action by the states to take a unified stand against the same. In his letter, republished below, Chief Justice Moore outlines the need as to why at least 2/3 of the states need to call for an Article V Convention of States to ratify the U.S. Constitution. Although the individual state legislatures can each take a stand by passing laws prohibiting same-sex marriage, the trend has been in the last few decades (and some will argue the past few centuries) to continue to whittle away state sovereignty. Thus, a federal amendment would help prevent the gradual etching away of what Alabama has decided to legislate.

The Alabama Sanctity of Marriage Amendment was approved in 2006 by an 81% vote. The amendment provides that:

  • Marriage is inherently a unique relationship between a man and a woman. As a matter of public policy, this state has a special interest in encouraging, supporting, and protecting this unique relationship in order to promote, among other goals, the stability and welfare of society and its children. A marriage contracted between individuals of the same sex is invalid in this state.
  • Marriage is a sacred covenant, solemnized between a man and a woman, which, when the legal capacity and consent of both parties is present, establishes their relationship as husband and wife, and which is recognized by the state as a civil contract.
  • No marriage license shall be issued in the State of Alabama to parties of the same sex.
  • The State of Alabama shall not recognize as valid any marriage of parties of the same sex that occurred or was alleged to have occurred as a result of the law of any jurisdiction regardless of whether a marriage license was issued.
  • The State of Alabama shall not recognize as valid any common law marriage of parties of the same sex.
  • A union replicating marriage of or between persons of the same sex in the State of Alabama or in any other jurisdiction shall be considered and treated in all respects as having no legal force or effect in this state and shall not be recognized by this state as a marriage or other union replicating marriage.

Chief Justice Moore wrote the following letter to each governor of the United States:

Dear Governor Robert Bentley,

The moral foundation of our Country is under attack. In 2003, Justice Anthony Kennedy, writing for a 6-3 majority of the United States Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003), struck down a Texas statute criminalizing sodomy. In that case, Justice Kennedy stated that the case did not “involve whether the government must give formal recognition to any relationships that homosexual persons seek to enter,” but that a “right to liberty under the Due Process Clause gives them the full right to engage in their conduct without intervention of the government.” Id. at 578.

Just 10 years later in 2013, Justice Kennedy, writing for a 5-4 majority of the Court in United States v. Windsor, 133 S. Ct. 2675 (2013), decided that the time had come to give “formal recognition” to the “marriage” of two persons of the same gender from the state of New York. Striking down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), passed by Congress in 1996 to preserve the definition of marriage for federal purposes as one man and one woman, Kennedy stated that DOMA violated “basic due process and equal protection principles applicable to the Federal Government.” Id. at 2681.

However, prior to 2003, neither our history nor Supreme Court precedent had ever recognized a “right” to commit sodomy or a “right” for homosexuals to enter a same-sex “marriage” relationship, nor any “liberty” associated therewith secured by “due process” under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments.

In fact, as recently as 1986 in Bowers v. Hardwick, 478 U.S. 186 (1986), the Court declared that the United States Constitution did not confer a fundamental right upon homosexuals to engage in sodomy. Recognizing a long and well- established prohibition against sodomy by the several states, the high court stated that,

“There should be, therefore, great resistance to expand the substantive reach of [the Due Process Clauses of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments], particularly if it requires redefining the category of rights deemed to be fundamental. Otherwise, the Judiciary necessarily takes to itself further authority to govern the country without express constitutional authority.” Id. at 195.

As a matter of fact, Justice Anthony Kennedy and four members of the U.S. Supreme Court have done exactly what the Court in Bowers predicted would occur when courts redefine rights deemed fundamental: they are governing the Country without express constitutional authority. Their willingness to expand the substantive reach of the Due Process Clauses of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to encompass same-sex “marriage” is dangerous and will ultimately lead to the total destruction of our moral foundation and our Country.

Already, proponents of same-sex “marriage” are working to bring yet another case before the Court which is poised to declare unconstitutional all state statutes and constitutional amendments which preserve traditional marriage.

The time to act is upon us if we mean to preserve the basic foundations of marriage and family upon which our Country rests, which the U.S. Supreme Court has referred to as the“union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony; the sure foundation of all that is stable and noble in our civilization; the best guaranty of that reverent morality which is the source of all beneficent progress in social and political improvement,” Murphy v. Ramsey, 114 U.S. 15, 45 (1885), quoted in United States v. Bitty, 208 U.S. 393, 401 (1908).

Article V of the Constitution provides for amendments to the Constitution “on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States,” in which case Congress “shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments,” which shall become a “part of this Constitution” when ratified as set forth in the Article.

This manner of amending the Constitution was suggested by Col. George Mason, Father of our Bill of Rights, shortly before the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention to provide a manner in which the people would be able to propose amendments “if the Government should become oppressive.”

Please find enclosed a proposed Joint Resolution of the Legislature of your state for your consideration.

Your assistance in securing a Resolution from the legislature of your state to the United States Congress in both Houses is a first step toward the preservation of marriage and the moral foundation of our Country.

Roy S. Moore
Chief Justice
Alabama Supreme Court

See Chief Justice Roy Moore’s Letter to Governor Bentley.

As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.

Convention of States

You can learn more about how to defend your freedoms at

As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.

Some Options for Property in Estate Planning

Estate PlanningPicture this…your wife has passed away, you’ve just finished paying off your home, and now you begin to re-assess what your plan is for when you will die.  Who will handle things for you?  Where will your possessions go?  How much will it cost my loved ones?  These are all great questions, and it is never too early to being thinking about and planning for the inevitable.

Your possessions will likely go to your loved ones, especially if you already have a will in place.  They will use your will, go to the court, and follow the court’s procedures for distributing all of your assets.  However, did you know that you can often times avoid the court systems (and the hefty fees / lawyer bills) by doing some planning in advance?  Estate planning, to be specific.

If you die without a will, the state determines where most of your possessions will go.  See our previous article on “What if I Die Without a Will“.  If you took our advice and made a will, then you still have to go to the court to “probate” the will.  This means that you will go before the judge and the court will oversee the process of making sure that the will is valid and that its instructions are carried out.  That typically means an attorney, many months of delay, and of course, expenses.  Depending on the complexity of the estate, it could run on the low end of $3000 to in excess of $10,000.  Probating a will is not cheap.

Fortunately, there are ways to bypass the probate process.  Usually, the biggest asset that people would like to have skip probate is their residence.  Because it is an asset with a deed, the only way to change the owner after the owner has passed away is through the court system.  That is, unless you plan ahead by using some estate planning techniques.

Life Estate

A life estate is not for everyone.  It is a property deed which leaves you with ownership of your house and property while you are still living.  Your property deed is what shows the world who owns your house and land.  It is a piece of paper filed with your local probate court, and typically shows who you bought it from and in whose name the property is now in.  It is very similar to a car title (but not quite).  With a “life estate deed”, when you die, the person or people you have listed in this special deed will automatically become the new owners of that property.  Instantly.  No court system required (at least after death…you should record your deed before you die, which does involve a trip to the local probate office).  The people you give the property to can’t evict you, because they are not the owners of the property until you pass away.  Thus, it remains YOUR property until your death, and then it instantly becomes THEIR property.

The biggest drawback is that once you do it, you’ve done it.  There’s no turning back.  Thus, if you have a feud with your children, and you decide later on that you don’t want them to have the house and land…there’s not much you can do.  You already gave it to them (but they don’t get it until you die).  Now, if they “want” to give their portion back to you, that’s another story (you’d need to contact us if that applies to you).

Thus, depending on your family situation, that may or may not be the right choice.  It bypasses probate, but you give up some flexibility.  Another options would be a revokable trust.

Revokable Trust

A trust is an entity that holds assets for the benefit of one or more persons, and is managed by a trustee.  Thus, you can put possessions into a trust, have the trustee watch over them, and then the trustee will do with the possessions what you direct him or her to.  So, for example, you could put your house into a trust, and direct the trustee to give it to your son, your oldest daughter, but not your youngest daughter.  And you can tell the trustee to only do that once all of your children have turned 30.  The trustee is bound to do all of that.  A revokable trust is one in which you can put the property into and then make changes, to include pulling the property out of it at any time.  Thus, if 10 years from now, you want to bless you youngest daughter whom you previously did not want to give a dime to…you can.  You can also write your son out of the trust benefits at the same time.  You can add two more houses, or take away all the houses and put in a ten dollar bill.  You have quite a bit of freedom in this regard.

Now, when you couple the power of a trust with your estate planning, you can kill two birds with one stone (no pun intended).  You can bypass the court system (probate) when you die by putting stuff into the trust.  You can also make changes to what is in and what is not, and who gets what, very easily.  Simply inform the trustee.  You don’t have to go through all of the formalities of re-drafting a will every time you want to make a change as to who gets what.  The only real drawback is the upfront cost of setting up a trust.  It will cost a bit more than simply doing a will or even including a life estate on your property.  But, you get added flexibility, and the money you save by avoiding probate will often times more than make up for the additional costs of planning.


There are lots of ways to handle passing on your real estate to your loved ones.  Hopefully this helps explains just a few.  The will ensures that it will happen as you want it to, but you will have to go through the probate court to make it happen.  The life estate option allows you to avoid the probate court, but once you establish the new deed, it is very hard to undo it.  Finally, the revokable trust is a bit more complicated, and will likely cost more than a will upfront, but the added flexibility and cost savings after you die will likely make up for it.  You may find that the added up-front costs are well worth it in the long run for your loved ones who will be receiving your hard earned assets.  This list of options is NOT exhaustive, and thus, you really need to sit down with an attorney to go over all of the possible issues with YOUR unique scenario.  Depending on the size of the estate, you will also have many tax issues to consider, too, but that discussion is for another day.

As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.

Do I Need an LLC?

LLCIn the business world, there are a variety of forms of business organization, and each one has its own positive and negative aspects.  The LLC, or Limited Liability Company, is a relatively new occurrence in the United States (1977), and wasn’t brought into existence in Alabama until 1993.  The LLC will blend some of the best aspects of a corporation (primarily the limited liability) with some of the best aspects of partnerships (pass-through income taxation).  Paperwork and overall management are much less than the traditional corporation, which makes it a very good choice for many small businesses.  But, you may be surprised to note that even some very large businesses even use the LLC as their preferred option (check out, LLC).

The LLC itself can then be taxed in a number of different ways, all at your choosing.  By default, if you start an LLC in Alabama, you will be taxed as a sole proprietor if you are solo and as a partnership if you are forming the LLC with more than one person.  However, you can also elect to be taxed as either a traditional C-corporation or a non-traditional S-corporation.  The former will cause profits to be taxed at the corporate tax rates, and then any dividends, etc. to also be taxed at that tax rate.  The latter functions as a pass-through device and causes the income to show up on your normal tax return.

Depending on your situation, one of those four options will be the preferred option for you.  But, because there are so many options, you really get the best of all worlds.  You can have the ease of starting and maintaining an LLC, get the liability protections of a corporation, and pick the tax treatment from a variety of options.  Thus, you may strongly consider forming an LLC when the time comes for you to start that business.  Already started and looking for more protection, then now may be the time to switch from being a sole proprietor to an LLC.  Let us help you with that today!  Contact us for a free consultation.

As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.

Updated Concealed Carry Laws in Alabama – 2013

Conceal CarryThe Alabama legislature has recently enacted some revisions (effective August 1, 2013) to the delight of many in the pro-gun community.  The following is a summary of some of the changes.  For an in-depth analysis of any of these changes, please contact us today!

How long is my permit good for?

You can now get a permit (no longer called a license) for up to 5 years at a time.  Unfortunately, the fees don’t go down, but at least you don’t have to go through the hassle of renewing it every year.  If there are any delays and they do not issue you a permit while you wait, they have up to 30 days to do so.  There are only a few reasons that a local sheriff can refuse to issue a permit, but these reasons deal primarily with mental issues and/or criminal convictions.  You do NOT have to be a U.S. citizen in order to be issued a permit.

Can I concealed carry in a location that posts a sign prohibiting firearms?

Yes, unless:

  • the location continually post guards, AND
  • they use “other security features”, including, but not limited to magnetometers, key cards, biometric screening devices, or turnstiles or other physical barriers, AND
  • a sign is posted alerting visitors that firearms are prohibited

Thus, if they only have a sign, you can still concealed carry.  If they only have a guard, you can still concealed carry.  if they only have turnstiles, key cards, etc…you can concealed carry.  They have to have all three of the above requirements for you not to be able to concealed carry.  Thus, it should be painfully obvious that you’re not allowed to, and it would be relatively hard to mess that one up.  If you come to one of these locations, simply lock it up out of sight in your car’s glove compartment (even if you are parked on the premises).

Can I open carry?

Yes, the new law specifically states, “it shall be a rebuttable presumption that the mere carrying of a visible pistol, holstered or secured, in a public place, in and of itself, is not a violation of [the disorderly conduct section of the Alabama Code].”  Ala. Code §13A-11-7.

This does not imply you can run around waving your pistol at people.  Note that it must be “holstered or secured”.

Can I carry on someone else’s private property?

Yes and no.  If you have a concealed carry permit, then you may carry on someone else’s property, period, dot.  Alternately, if you do not have a concealed carry permit, then you may also carry on someone else’s property if you get their permission.  This applies whether you (or the person giving permission) owns the property or is a legal renter / lessor of the property.  Ala. Code §13A-11-52.

As a reminder, you still cannot carry in the following locations:

  • Inside the building of a police. sheriff, or highway patrol station
  • Detention facilities (and their premises)
  • Mental facilities (and their premises)
  • Courthouses, courthouse annexes, etc.

If you find yourself at or near one of the locations, simply keep it in your vehicle, preferably locked in the glove compartment with the car doors locked as well.

Can I bring my firearm to work if my employer prohibits it?


The new law states:

A public or private employer may not restrict or prohibit the transportation or storage of a lawfully possessed firearm or ammunition in an employee’s privately owned motor vehicle while parked or operated in a public or private parking area if the employee satisfies all of the following:

  1. The employee either:
    a. Has a valid concealed weapon permit; or
    b. If the weapon is any firearm legal for use for hunting in Alabama other than a pistol… [not discussed at this time],
  2. The motor vehicle is operated or parked in a location where it is otherwise permitted to be.
  3. The firearm is either of the following:
    a. In a motor vehicle attended by the employee, kept from ordinary observation within the person’s motor vehicle.
    b. In a motor vehicle unattended by the employee, kept from ordinary observation and locked within a compartment, container, or in the interior of the person’s privately owned motor vehicle or in a compartment or container securely affixed to the motor vehicle.

Thus, if your employer attempts to restrict you from bringing your lawfully possessed weapon with you in your car to work, they are violating the laws of Alabama.  However, you need to ensure that you follow all of the requirements outlined above.  The most common scenario would be that you can now bring your firearm to work.  When you get to the parking lot, you take it off of your person and lock it in the glove compartment.  Although it appears you may be able to simply keep your car doors locked (since that would constitute being in the “interior”), to be safe, you may just go with the glove compartment instead.  There are lots of other possibilities, so if in doubt, check with us and we’d be happy to do a more in-depth analysis of your situation.

Of note, this does not apply to federal facilities (such as Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville). 


Without a concealed carry permit, you can still:

  • Open or concealed carry on your own property
  • Open or concealed carry on someone else’s property if you have their consent
  • Travel in a motor vehicle with your pistol if it is, “locked in a compartment or container that is in or affixed securely to the vehicle and out of reach of the driver and any passenger in the vehicle.” Ala. Code 13A-11-73.  Easiest solution is in the trunk.  The glove compartment would likely be within reach, and thus would not work.  Other creative solutions could likely be found, but without the concealed carry permit, these options are limited.
  • You cannot carry to an athletic event. Only permit holders can.

We hope this summary helps.  As always, in the law, there are lots of nuances, so if you have unique, specific questions about your situation.  Contact us today!


As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.

Alabama Elections – November 5th, 2013

Only one election is on the horizon in Alabama this November, and it is in the 1st District (Mobile and surrounding counties).  The race pits veteran politician Bradley Byrne against Tea Party backed Dean Young.  Young, although not a favorite amongst many traditional republicans, has taken a more principled stand on the issues, similar in vein to Dr. Ron Paul.  congressional_districtsSupported by Chief Justice Roy Moore, Mr. Young has stood out as a candidate who is “not afraid to speak the truth and stand up for those ideals and principles which have set us apart from the rest of the world.”    He has been very vocal in his opposition in the local area against tax increases (and their sneaky cousins, the government “fees”).  You can read more about his platform directly on his website at:

Some highlights, though, of his pro-freedom platform:

  • Cut inflation by returning to sound money principles, and auditing the Federal Reserve.
  • Reduce the size & power of the IRS, as well as consider ways to replace them permanently.
  • Stop using taxpayer money to bailout private companies.
  • Defend your privacy from government snooping (e.g. – the NSA).
  • Fight tirelessly to repeal & defund Obamacare.
  • Defend life and the rights of the unborn.
  • Cut government funding of Planned Parenthood.
  • Support generational families by killing the death tax.

Mr. Young appears to be a man of principle, and we wish him the best in his runoff election tomorrow.

As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.

What if I Die Without a Will?

Last Will and TestamentA common question that people have is what will happen to their belongings if they die without a valid will?  In Alabama, the law is pretty straight-forward.  Realize that these laws apply when there is either no will, or all/some of the existing will is judicially determined to be invalid.  Portions of a will that are struck down as invalid are treated as if that specific text is not in the will, but the remainder of the will may remain valid.  Thus, depending on how a will is written, if some portions are deemed invalid, some property may not be accounted for anymore in the will, and thus, only those things will pass intestate (according to the laws of the state, as opposed to the direction of the will).

Anything not covered under a will that is still part of your probate estate is known as your “intestate estate”.  Only those items are covered under Alabama’s law.  Thus, to break it down, all of you stuff will either go directly to who it should go to right away automatically or it will be part of your probate estate.  Of your probate estate, anything that is covered by your will will go to where it directs, and anything left over will pass by the laws of intestacy.  The following information only pertains to those laws of intestacy.  If you don’t like the way those laws apportion your belongings, then you need to plan ahead.  Contact us to ensure your plan will function the way you think it will.  We’d be happy to review your existing will and give you recommendations.

Alabama’s Laws of Intestacy


  • If you have no children and your parents are deceased, then all of your estate goes to your spouse.
  • If you have no children, but one or more of your parents are living, then your spouse will receive the first $100,000 plus 1/2 of the remainder.
  • If you have children, all of whom are children of your surviving spouse, too, then the spouse will receive the first $50,000 plus 1/2 of the remainder.
  • If you have children, but one or more are children not of the surviving spouse (e.g. – children of a previous marriage), then the spouse simply receives 1/2 of the intestate estate.


  • After the spouse takes anything they are entitled to take as outlined above, then the children begin to take.
  • Children split things equally.
  • If there is a child who has children (i.e. – your grandchildren), but that child has already died, then the grandchildren split that child’s share.
  • If there are no children left, but only grandchildren, then all of the grandchildren split it equally.
  • As a reminder, this is a very simplistic explanation.  For details of how it applies exactly to your situation, you need to contact us.  Things like adoption, step-children, half-siblings, etc. all make things a bit more complicated.

Parents and Other Relatives

  • If you have no children, your spouse (if you have one) gets the portion as outlined above.
  • The remainder then goes to your parents (split equally).
  • If your parents are deceased, then your brothers and sisters split things equally.
  • After that, things begin to go to grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins.  Again, for situations like this, it is best to contact us for an in-depth analysis.
  • If no one in the Alabama statutes can be found, the intestate estate goes to the State of Alabama.  This very rarely happens.

Other Issues to Consider

  • What if you and your spouse die together?
  • What about half-brothers and half-sisters?
  • What if you die while your wife is pregnant?
  • What if some of your relatives are not citizens of the United States?

These are all great questions, but you should contact us for some specific answers for your situation.  Not only can we help you prepare by drafting a will for you, we can also help your family when the time comes to actually use your will.  And remember, there are lots of other tools available to help plan for the passing of your material possessions when you die.  A will is not the only way to get your belongings to the people you love.


As a reminder...the information here is for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. For assistance with your specific legal question, you need to contact us.